Saturday, October 31, 2009

When did being a Geek become "chic & fashionable"?

Aside from being Halloween yesterday it was one of those days when the weather went from 50-70 degrees, warm ,cold, dry, rainy...what the hell(it was Halloween) do you need to throw on to run out for the day?...so I grabbed a lightweight zippered RLX polartech jacket & a grey t-shirt...with a black bat on it. No...I was not going to run out on errands as Batman...the more clever of you (you know who you are) I'm sure caught the zippered jacket hint & figured out correctly that I was going as Bruce Wayne "incognito". Well on the subway heading downtown an attractive woman, her friend & 2 kids are sitting across from me. The woman looked & sounded either Spanish or South American, was wearing jeans, a zippered jacket & a black fitted t-shirt...with silver sequins making up a Superman symbol! So...when exactly did wearing a "superhero T-shirt go from being geeky unless you're well under 10 to be fashionable & chic & worn by good looking foreign women?!? For the record I embrace my inner geek...& look forward to women embracing The Black Widow, Black Canary, & Emma Frost as fashion Icons...

No comments:

Post a Comment