Saturday, October 31, 2009

$1 Dumplings!/Next Door Coconut Buns!

I've been jonesing lately for Chinese Dumplings & haven't been to a Dim Sum brunch in a while, so after hitting the gym in Soho I started heading east & figured I'd hit somewhere along the Little Italy/Chinatown border...but couldn't find anything that looked good & the place I had in mind had closed(damn recession!) but one of the great things about this city is that sometimes when you can't find what you are looking for...you stumble on to something even better (yes...a lot like life) & as I continued east I hit Vanessa's Dumpling house on Eldridge btwn Grand & Broome...HOME-RUN! I've read about it, but figured for $1 they couldn't be too good...I was oh so wrong...they were awesome...4 pork dumpling for a $1 & awesome! I had spicy cucumbers for a side dish & some green tea to wash it all down & spent only $4 for the whole meal & was full. I might be going back tomorrow to try out the soup & sesame pancake sandwiches.

As if that wasn't enough Duo Tian Bakery is right next door. I figured I'd try my luck & see if they had my favorite Chinese desert (actually one of my favorites overall) coconut buns, which lately I've have trouble finding & they had 3 different versions including my favorite for under a buck. So...go East young man/woman...take a walk o the wild side...you never know what new & old loves you will find...

No comments:

Post a Comment