Monday, August 8, 2011

NYC ICY:ICE ICE BABY

    Two words: Watermelon Chip. Watermelon ices with chocolate chips masquerading as seeds. The first time I went by NYC ICY it was sold out, but with a dozen or so ices/sorbet flavors and another dozen plus cream-based (everything from the usual basics of lemon, chocolate, etc. to ginger, Thai iced tea, Nutella, mango basil) it wasn't too difficult to choose another which turned out to be the FDNY Cherry ices with pieces of cherry in it (For NYPD fans go Blue). I also tried their lychee – both were great. If you like some heat try the cream-based Mexican chocolate which was delicious. Warning: it really has some heat, but in a good way if you like some flava.

    After a filling meal at Frank, needing a stroll to work it off and a little something to cleanse my palette I popped by NYC ICY and they had the watermelon chip. It was awesome. I was pleasantly surprised how well the chocolate chips worked with the water-based ices. One of the better treats I've had so far this summer.

    Ice cream shops are popping up all over the place and as much as I scream for my ice cream, I do like my Iices. With this summer being a bit on the warm side, ices are a great light treat that cool you down without filling you up and all for only $2.50 to $5.

NYC ICY: 171 Ave. A, bet. E. 10th & 11th Sts.

No comments:

Post a Comment