Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's NOT your fault you're FAT...its your MOM's!

That's right...a recent study has proven that women who put on significant weight while pregnant have more children that will be more likely to carry more fat from more fat cells then the children of women who gain little weight aside from the baby & placenta's weight.

My Mom likes to tell the story about an experience she had at her Doctors office during her first pregnancy when she was over 6 months pregnant (with me...her first & favorite...that's right siblings...suck it...or bite me..your choice). While waiting for her appointment another pregnant woman asked her "how many months are you" when my Mother (please note...my Mom is 5'9"+ & carried very little extra weight but little ole me & my placenta palace) answered her the woman gasped & said oh my dear...you are not in a good way...there must be something wrong if you're so small this late. Now just imagine you're a young woman in you're early 20's carrying your first child & this is what you hear from another woman who looks very pregnant (you know that kid is a fatty!). She of course mentions this to her Doctor & he assures her that she is fine, the baby is healthy, & she just isn't overeating & lucky with genetics. So thank you Mom...for staying lean & not passing on to me any additional fat cells (create enough on my own via chocolate, beer, etc...) & giving me the ability to stay relatively lean & mean to this day.

Of course for those of you that are FAT...while there are of course genetic factors at play here...it is most likely your fault for eating too much & not exercising...so stop blaming your MOM!

P.S. If pregnant...be careful of eating Roast Beef or like meats for dinner the nights before you give birth...you may end up with more then you bargained for...you might get a ME & I don't come mini...!

No comments:

Post a Comment