Friday, July 23, 2010

Like Lightning...Like Thunder

As I watch the sky light up with lightning & the sound of thunder I wonder when do we go from being scared of the sound of thunder & the flash of lightning to absolutely loving it? I can't say I remember being scared of them...but I'm guessing at some point as a child I was, most are. However, now & as  far back as I can remember I have loved the sound of thunder & the accompanying light show. It's like Natures/God's (your choice) fireworks. I love the shape of the lighting strikes & boom of the thunder...the louder...the mo" better. As a child we don't realize that the thunder is just a loud sound while the lightning can actually be deadly (rarely yes...but do you want to be on the wrong side of the statistics?) We are aware of this as an adult yet no longer fear them. Could be with the fear of the unknown removed & the knowledge of how to avoid the danger of lightning there is less to fear. Of course if one is out at sea or in the rain & exposed on a field & actually sees lightning strike & hears the rumbling of the thunder...does one not find themselves wishing they were safe & sound under the covers...

For your listening pleasure...check out the link to the song...Drive like Lightning-Crash like Thunder...

http://www.metrolyrics.com/drive-like-lightning-crash-like-thunder-lyrics-brian-setzer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment