Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Red, White, & Blue...

I've walked past Fish on Bleecker more times then I can count. I've always meant to check it out but always ended up going somewhere else. It's on Bleecker near the James Perse shop I go to buy my over-priced yet awesome t-shirts (plus the sales girls are always cute) & Pure Dark where I buy over-priced yet awesome chocolate(my favorite is their Cinnamon/Chipolte dark chocolate rounds...also like their dark chocolate covered cherries & blueberries) & further down the block is an Amy's Bread, Murray's, some POLO shops etc...anyhow I digress...Bleecker just happens to be one of NYC's most awesome streets...

Anyhow finally popped in since I've been jonesing for a Lobster Roll & it was just the right day for one. It was very good...came with VG fries, a side salad, & slaw. They have a good selection of beers on tap as well & I liked their menu. What I didn't see until after I ordered was that on the huge mirror behind the bar they had some specials. One...the Red White & Blue is 6 oysters with either a glass of red, white or PBR...for...only $8 bucks! The oysters looked awesome & totally fresh. I lot of people ordered them & I spoke with some regulars who raved about them. Not sure how this place was never listed in any of the Time Out, New York Mag, etc...reviews of best places for Oyster specials...hey, keeps me in business. I will be back...it's on my list of places to go now & I will confirm how good their Red White & Blue deal is (then head down to Cones for Brazilian style gelato) God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment