Sunday, March 28, 2010

ArtExpo 2010









While the economy may still be a disaster for most businesses...for the Art World...to quote Lt. Aldo Raine "business is booming! The ArtExpo this year held at Pier 94 was awesome. A great selection of artists representing a variety of styles from around the world. There were red dots(means purchased) all over the walls. I went today the last day of the show because it's not as crazy & the best day to work deals. I ended up purchasing three works(pics attached )from three different artists...

Asencio http://www.crownthornpublishing.com/artist.php?aid=1&page=1 who I think puts a tremendous amount of emotion to go along with the incredible way he captures beauty in his work. His art is classic & abstract at the same time & totally works. Really beautiful & stunning pieces. I didn't get to meet Asencio, but did get to spend some time with Ruth-Ann one of the sales people representing him & she was great(red silk & blue)

Echo www.echo-x.com who when you see the work you figure must be the work of a guy but actually of an attractive woman. She captures women from both a woman's point of view but really gets the male fantasy about women at the same time. The works have a classic element to them as well. Echo also shared with me how she came up with some of ideas for works & I really appreciated that(sun & waves)

Last but certainly not least was Chris Dellorco Dellorcofineart.com whose work I really love. He does a lot with mixing European architecture with classic beauty in many of his pieces. I also like that a lot of his works have a story in them. Great use of rich vibrant colors as well. Chris is a great guy & I had the opportunity both last year & this year to spend some time with him & his beautiful muse discussing his work. I'm looking forward to see his upcoming works featuring couples(sun w.blue silk)

An artist whose work I don't own yet but was very impressed by was Bill Mack. He works with a mix of mediums. check his stuff out at http://www.billmack.com/ . There is also a lot of amazing work coming out of China that I've really been blown away by. I've seen some in a gallery in Soho on West B'way but at the show dandagalleryonline.com was showcasing a handful of artists...I really wish they had a bigger booth & hopefully the will next year. They are opening their first US gallery in SF this year. You really need to check out this website to see the great stuff coming out of China. They were kind enough to give me a book of the various artists works for free & I wish Grace & her team the best of luck. All in all a great show...except for the fact that I spent too much...but cannot wait for the new pieces for my collection to arrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment