Monday, November 9, 2009

Banks...the new Houses of Worship...

I'll keep this one brief...The CEO of Goldman Sachs is claiming that he is "doing the work of GOD". I believe a Barclay's executive said something similar. Really...when exactly did the creator get into "flash trading" creating Derivatives & CDO's?!? Did things get sooooo bad that even GOD needed a TARP handout?!? I'm a big believer in Capitalism, a free market economy, & understand the role that the large bulge bracket firms & exchanges play to make this machine run. However to claim one is doing the work of GOD is a bit ridiculous. If anyone is doing the work of GOD it's Doctors, Teachers, Firefighters & the like. People who save lives, heal us, & help us grow. Growing our portfolio's is great...I'm all for it...but it's not the "work of GOD"...& if it is...when exactly did my Brother...my "Wealth Management Advisor" find GOD??? For the record...he's not an Atheist...he's Agnostic...in other words, he's hedging his bet...

No comments:

Post a Comment