Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hill Country Chicken Review

There are both pro's & what I consider a major con to Hill Country's new Chicken restaurant. So let me start with the good. For the fried chicken there's Classic & Mama El's. One has skin, one does not...& one is crunchier then the other. Cannot remember which was which but I had breasts of both & they were very good. They also have some good looking tenders & a bunch of sandwiches. For my sides I went with the cheesy potatoes (hey I went skinless on one of the breasts) & fire/ice pickles & enjoyed both. My friends had the cole-slaw, bursted-corn, & carrot & raisin salad side...all were good. Minor complaint on the fries...but the fact that they still do not have their liquor licences set one of my friends off & made him less then happy with his meal (with the exception of the banana cream pie he was hogging). I was less then happy about this as well...but it worked out in the long run when a bunch of mini-pies for desert showed up on the table for FREE (one of our friends had been there a bunch of times & complanied that they still didn't have their liquor license)! They were all delicious but my favorites were the banana cream pie, cherry-cherry, & cowboy (like a coconut dream bar...if you don't know what those are...your loss). Aside from the beer/wine menu to come they have iced tea (Mint...just OK), Lemonade, & Boylans sodas on tap. I'm not a big soda guy but I do love me some Boylans Birch & Root beer. Overall the food was very good...but now on to the Con. The bad is the place doesn't look anything like HC BBQ...but like a fast food restaurant. In all fairness, an ideal one. It was clean, spacious, & well lit...but not exactly where I want to go for dinner & drinks with friends. I will go back & do recommend it...but I recommend it for lunch or take-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment