Sunday, March 14, 2010

Love you long time sloppy bao/Bond...Chocolate Bond...

While at first I had no interest in the Vietnamese bao craze, I have since become a convert over the last year. I think at first the concept & the basic pork, pate, carrot, & cucumber just didn't do it for me. Now while I like authentic foreign cuisine sometimes the truth is when our cultures come together something better comes out. My newest discovery...the sloppy bao...the Vietnamese version of a Sloppy Joe that I had at Baoguette Cafe recently married ground pork with red curry, green mango, lemongrass, basil, & jalapenos...it was awesome! Another variation I had of the Sloppy Joe was at the Cafe Habana where they combined sauced pulled pork with jalapenos & black beans...another winner! If just maybe we could all come together as well as our food does when we combine our cultures we would all be better off. Our differences make us unique...but America's real strength has always come when we meld together...hey..it's called Deep Thoughts...remember...

Here's a shout out to Bond Street Chocolate Bar on Bond St in Manhattan. I like their bars(eating a milk chocolate almond & sea salt bar...any moment now a S&S* Swat team just may come crashing through my window to save me from eating 1/6 of the 3-4oz bar) but I believe they excel in their alcohol flavored bonbons...my favorites are Tequila, Elderflower Liqueur, & Absinthe. Be very careful with those though...eating them may not only bring on the S&S shock troops..but they may likely have ATF agents with them as well...

* S&S = Sugar & Salt...

No comments:

Post a Comment