Monday, February 8, 2010

Un-Dead & Loving it...

I just finished reading the sequel(yes it's taken a while) to the original Dracula by Bram Stoker, Dracula: The Un-Dead. I was skeptical when I saw it was a collaboration between a Stoker who is a direct descendant & a Dracula historian...but what can I say but that they totally nailed it! If you love Vampires, especially the original bad-boy Drac himself, are into history & know about Vlad, Countess Elizabeth Bathory(if not check the link) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countess_Bathory, Jack the Ripper & a bit about Stoker you will really love this book. They did a great job weaving a combination of the original story/characters, history, & the Vampire legend itself to make a great read. One of the more interesting aspects of the book was their take on how the Count views himself. I actually liked it & if again you know Vlad's history it does make sense. Just keep in mind...it's his(Drac's) perception of himself...the author is not necessarily agreeing or not...This would make a great movie & I'm really hoping for a sequel...so if you need a good book to really sink your teeth into...this is it...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment