Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Best Things in Life are Free...

Well...almost free...it did cost $19.00 for the r/t LIRR ticket & beach pass..but since I was going to LI to see my niece & nephew anyhow...close enough... the waves on Friday at Long Beach were absolutely perfect for body-surfing & I got some of my best rides ever...I was jumping into waves that looked too high but I hit them just right & was lifted up & then driven hard towards shore...the volume of the water was so dense it felt like I was human torpedo tearing through the water!

It also turned out to be quite the work-out since I had to arch my back & tense my entire body during the ride since the waves were so strong...(I did 2 45+ minute sets & a 15 min warm-up)...Wish they could be like this ALL the time...sore as hell afterwards...but totally worth it!

No shark evacuations this time or rips to deal with...but was wondering how many were out there...nothing like watching Shark Week all week long & hitting the beach twice...

No comments:

Post a Comment